It’s my birthday week! I’m going to be 24, and let me just say my 23rd year of life was quite crazy. I’ve moved, sold a house, celebrated my 1 year wedding anniversary, traveled, and started a blog. This year, we will be celebrating in sunny California, so I’m excited for a weekend away!
That being said, I thought I’d give you a 24 random facts about me–one for each year.
1. I look really young for my age like really young. Most people think I’m a senior in high school, so that’s always fun.
2. I graduated college at 20.
3. My husband and I met in Mexico on vacation.
4. In a group of friends, I would be considered the blunt one. The one that you wish would have shut up five comments before they do.
5. I hate custom license plates, so dumb. I don’t know why just so dumb.
6. I was a vegetarian for three years because someone told me I couldn’t do it . . . I’m stubborn.
7. I’ve lived in three states in the past three years: Illinois, Washington, and Colorado.
8. I believe I have the cutest dog in the world.
9. I have an obsession with ears. I hate dirty ears, it totally grosses me out. And, yes that means I clean my husbands.
10. I watch a lot of TV: reality tv, crime shows, supernatural . . . you name it, I probably watch it.
11. My favorite color is yellow.
12. I didn’t like beer until I worked at a Brewery. Don’t say you don’t like beer until you taste good beer, not college beer aka Busch light.
13. I’m a morning person. No matter weekend or weekday, I will be up at 7 AM the latest.
14. I don’t like to cook, so I eat a lot of popcorn for dinner.
15. I have 4 really close friends, not including family, and they live in Seattle, Colorado, Boston, and Florida.
16. I’ve been on two mission trips: Guatemala and South Africa.
17. I’m working on my MBA, and let me tell you . . . I just want to be done with it.
18. I honestly have the best family in the world. If you could think of the perfect family, I’m willing to bet that is mine.
19. I love to travel! And, my favorite city I have ever been to is probably Nashville.
20. My husband is literally my best friend. I wouldn’t trade him for the world.
21. I don’t like to swim, especially not in the ocean.
22. My favorite season is fall. Bring on pumpkin spice everything!
23. I struggle with being content in where I live. I tend to always want to move somewhere or think there is somewhere better I could be living.
24. My favorite holiday is Christmas, but after that it is Halloween! I love haunted houses and spooky things. I just have to convince my husband to come along with me.
Cheers to me being nearly 24! I can’t believe it.
– the Helm Household